Here's how to make cookie cakes - that is a small treat that does not get particularly harder or softer upon being left out - a true cross over (hooray)!
Cookie Cakes (serves 24)
- 250g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda, Salt
- 170g Unsalted Melted Butter
- 70g Caster Sugar
- 100g Unrefined Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 180-200g Chocolate Chips
- Set the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3/443.15 K.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together and put aside.
- Cream the butter and the sugars until well mixed.
- Add vanilla extract. Add one whole egg, but leave out half of the egg white from the second egg. Mix until the yolk and white is no longer distinguishable.
- Add in the sifted ingredients and the chocolate chips and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Put in oven for 16 mins. If you are doing the full batch and using an oven with than 2 shelves you can stop halfway through and swap the two trays to allow for a more even bake.
- Leave to cool.
- Eat totally baked cookiecakes.